Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July Guest – Kevin Levell!

1) What was your first published work?
I had a few illustrations in a book called The Secret History of Giants...

2) Who or what inspires you?
My wife, my friends and the occasional serendipity of my own thoughts.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
It's a toughie, my initial reaction was 'a John Wagner Judge Dredd', because that's the childhood dream... but on reflection, I think anything for 2000ad would be cool and then going onwards, just to work on original stuff. Superman is another childhood dream, so that would be nice too.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?

Well, rather predictably, it's 2000ad related - Durham Red from the Strontium Dog universe - Vampires are super popular at the moment and it's surprises me that she hasn't returned to the prog to cash in on that juve-appeal... I'd love to draw her if she ever did return to the prog though... Tharg? Please?

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
I've a few things in the works, mostly I can't talk about them though. The major thing I can't talk about is Corvus, the graphic novel I'm doing with Rich Clements - no, I can't talk about that all... yet!

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
Excluding all creative outlets? I guess it would be something to do with animals - my favourite animal is the otter, so perhaps something conservation-y to do with them?

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?

http://kevlev.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/kevlevell
http://www.kevlev.co.uk

Finally, thanks for including me in your birthday celebrations! I'm chuffed to have been included!

No comments:

Post a Comment