Monday, August 15, 2011

Eclectic Guest – Will Sliney!

1) What was your first published work?
My first published work (like most Irish artists) was Atomic Rocket Group for Rob Curley's Atomic Diner.

2) Who or what inspires you?
In comics, what inspires me is the potential to create huge universes that other creators can then play in and create more.
Illustration wise I pretty much draw up all my inspiration from comic book artists. I love discovering a new artist that I hadn't paid much attention to before, collecting as much of their work as I can find, then studying it for hour on end.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
Spider-man. A big, rip-roaring 24 issue epic. I would love to get to draw one Giant volume of all the Star Wars movies too. (Both perhaps a bit too epic but hey you said dream job right?)

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
Its one of my Star Wars pieces that I did when I tied down my first Star Wars gig. I plan on doing a pinup of every character from the movies over the years.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
I cant say unfortunately. I'm working on my first creator owned book which will be a large Irish epic Tale. I have a number of other projects about to be announced too. One for IDW, finishing up Farscape for Boom Studios and a second creator owned book.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
Hmm, does that include computer graphics? I very nearly went down the Engineering route. (Thankfully with the Recession in Ireland now, I didnt). Maybe Architecture. I would imagine if it was'nt creative I would get bored.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
Your father site (Just kidding) http://eclecticmicks.blogspot.com/ and my own blog http://sliney.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment