Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eclectic Guest – Stephen Mooney!

1) What was your first published work?
'Freakshow' issue 1 from Irish company Atomic Diner. It... wasn't attractive.

2) Who or what inspires you?
Mostly specific movies these days, and then there's always the handful of artists whose stuff I'll always look for; Jim Lee, Adam Hughes, Travis Charest. Most recently I've really been digging Brazilian artist Ivan Reis' stuff.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
Ever since I began drawing my dream was always to be a pro movie poster artist. Comics-wise, gotta be Batman, with Hal Jordan/Green Lantern a close second.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
I like this one because I got to colour it myself, which is pretty rare if it's not a cover. The character is 'Moonstone' from Dec Shalvey's current book at Marvel, Thunderbolts.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
Just finished up on a 'Teen Wolf' mini-series for MTV/Image. First issue is out next month, I think.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
I would have gotten a real job I guess! Probably something involving natural history, maybe a museum curator. David Attenborough is a big hero of mine.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
www.moondog-themoonblog.blogspot.com and www.eclecticmicks.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment