Friday, August 12, 2011

August Guest – Dylan Teague!

1) What was your first published work?
It was the Fatty Olympics in Judge Dredd Lawman of the future. This was a comic aimed at younger readers and was released alongside the Stallone film, so that was the costume used.

2) Who or what inspires you?
Good drawing and good design. My favourite artists create a whole world that you can get lost in. Moebius, Serpieri, Bilal and Boucq are a few of Europe's best. Steve Dillon, Steve Yeowell, Brian Bolland and Dave Gibbons are the artists that really got me into comics at the start. I used to buy all of the old Titan reprint books.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
A Blade Runner type story, or anything Sci-Fi really.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
I've been doing a few commissions lately, have just finished a set of Preacher ones and next on the list was a Johnny Alpha. I've sent through a few of the stages. Tried out using a bit of water colour on the background here so I could cover the space a bit quicker.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
I'm working on another book for Delcourt and have also just finished an illo for an Ipad magazine called Project.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
Not sure really, I've never had a proper job other than being a paperboy! I love films so maybe I'd have got into something like that, it's something I'd like to get into at some point anyway.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
I've got a blog here: http://www.dylansdrawingboard.blogspot.com/
Deviant art page here: http://dylanteague.deviantart.com/
and I've recently joined google+

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I'm a big fan of these commission pieces you've been doing Dyl.

    ReplyDelete