Friday, August 19, 2011

Eclectic Guest – Len O'Grady!

1) What was your first published work?
My first credited work was the Dredd Megazine cover featuring Judge Dredd vs. the Testosterone Women. Cliff Robinson was nice enough to call and compliment my colors for him- totally made my year.

2) Who or what inspires you?
Depends – I'm a visual magpie – but I do love to see a nicely composed page, where they nailed the storytelling. Good concept design is always a joy, though it seems to feel that there's a "sameness" to a lot of the work out there recently.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
I'd like another crack at Dredd. It's been more then four years, and I think I'd do better justice to old Stony Face.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
This was a quick piece based off the Morrigan of Celtic Myth – imagine a cross between Athena and Kali and you'd be on the right track. She regularly appears as a crow on the battle field.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
I'm still on Secret History for Delcourt right now, I'm also coloring a mini series of D&D for IDW. Right now though, my focus is on getting back to drawing FARSEEKER – it's been a hard year, but that's my baby.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
Probably something with my hands- maybe some kind of craftsman.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
www.lenogrady.com or www.act-i-vate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment