Tuesday, March 27, 2012

2000ad Sketchbook sketches

SketchbookSketches_GNREID.jpg, www.gnreid.co.uk This weekend (31st March and 1st April) Gary and I will be at the Hi-Ex Comic Con in Inverness, Scotland. I've had a new sketchbook printed for the show and I planned to do 'on the day' sketches on the inside cover of these. But checking out the super smooth paper the cover was printed with I decided to do a test sketch and discovered that the pens and markers I use took an age to dry, in one case a whole day. So that plan was out the window but I did have enough time to do the sketches at home and let them dry, so I did. It was a touch tricky inking them and not smearing the ink all over the place and for that added 'drawn at a convention' feel I even sketched them on a flat table instead of my drawing board. Ten 2000ad related sketches, can you name them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment