Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Star Wars - Boushh

Boushh_GNREID.jpg, www.gnreid.co.ukI remember watching Return of the Jedi for the first time in the cinema and being fascinated by the bounty hunter Boushh, he looked cool (yes the character is meant to be a 'he'), acted cool, spoke cool, had caught Chewbacca and had the cahoneys to bargain with Jabba the Hutt with a thermal detonator. Yeah, pretty cool in my book.

As a family I wouldn't say we where poor by any means but we didn't spend money wastefully and while every other kid had Star Wars figures aplenty it took until I was given pocket money and saved up myself before I started collecting the toy figures. The very first figure I bought was Boushh (with the removable helmet to show… oh my gosh it was really… ). I never had an extensive figure collection, could never afford any of the vehicles or ships but I was happy with what I had. I'll mention a remarkable act of kindness shown to me by my brother. One Saturday I was poorly and while watching the wrestling (Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks not WWF in those days) my brother went out to town, when he came back he had been to the Co-op toy department and bought me a Gamorrean Guard figure. I'm still suspicious to this day, surely he was after something or trying to make up for some wrong doing but I guess really he was just being a most excellent big brother. Thanks mate :)

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how many of my childhood memories are about Star Wars figures.

    I remember a kid in primary school who'd just come back from the States on holiday and had the Boushh figure. We were shocked and taken aback when the helmet was removed too! The thing is, I think he lost Boushh's helmet of that very day. Nightmare.

    ReplyDelete