Tuesday, February 22, 2011

H is for Hulk

Graeme Neil Reid,Illustration,Hulk,Marvel ComicsJust for once I feel like I know something about this character as apart from growing up in the 70s and 80s and watching Bill Bixby transform into the Incredible Hulk every Saturday on the TV I also read the UK comic 'Hulk Weekly'. The Hulk was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby back in 1962. Dr Bruce Banner gets himself exposed to a gamma bomb explosion and when he loses his temper he transforms into the Incredible Hulk. I've always liked the Hulk because it is essentially a horror story, well the original concept is anyway, I'm not sure how well he works mixed in with other super heroes but if its a story about a guy who changes into a monster which he can't control then I'm interested.

Two things I remember very well from my youth is having an amazingly cool Hulk t-shirt when I was about eight and a giant sized Hulk versus Spider-Man comic. The Hulk leaps into New York and your friendly neighbourhood Spider person decides he better convince him to leap on. Loved the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment