Friday, April 9, 2010

Hey, buddy


Some random Marvel characters done (more or less) in the style of the wee yellow emoticon buddy dudes this week - for use as avatars on messenger, social media sites and anywhere else that need a profile head-shot i guess. Thinking of creating a few more sets (when time allows) based on Star Wars, Doctor Who and possibly some horror characters - any other ideas welcome. Running out of ideas for different styles to play with so i think it will be back to 'normal' comic art for the next few weeks.

5 comments:

  1. They're great!

    How about Spaghetti Westerns emoticons? For example, "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, John. Might stick that idea on my to do list - would be a good excuse to rewatch the movies too. Don't think i've experimented with anything of a western nature here so that's probably something is should do at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing! Would you mind if I cut up the image to use as Twitter icons?

    Also, I think I met you and your son at Hi-Ex? Did you buy a stack of comics from me at a pound a throw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ross. Yep, no problem at all - help yourself, i've actually just changed my twitter icon over to the Captain Britain one myself. Re Hi-Ex - nope wasn't me, i was there with Logan but he managed to spend all my cash for me and i didn't actually buy anything for myself. I was probably close by your table a couple of times though as he tried to get me to buy micromaster Transformers from the FP table next to you - so i might have said hi in passing.

    ReplyDelete