Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fantasy cover


Some classic fantasy this week, well in subject matter at any rate. A Liche, or Skeleton Knight or somesuch bears down upon the unfortunate adventurers. I recall back in November, that I was trying to be Angus MacBride (again) and didn't like the image because I felt I fell short (of course) of his skill. But today when I had a look I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't the nightmareish image (in terms of my execution, not content) that was in my brain.

It is a bit strange the way I perceive my own art - sometimes I can love a recently finished image and come to dislike it, other times feel a picture really falls short of was wanted and then come back later to be quite positive about it. Ahh well. Must try not to worry about such things, eh? (C) Cubicle Seven 2010

1 comment:

  1. A lot of cool hues in your recent posts- something like Andy's Blue Period.
    I like the girl's face, although I think she is a little tranquil for someone next to two dead people.

    ReplyDelete