Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dinnah, dinnah, dinnah, dinnah... Batman!

Painting,Graeme Neil Reid,Illustration,Batman

Best laid plans washed away by a broken boiler in my studio. I had planned to draw a nice new picture for today's post but the aforementioned problem halted those plans. So its back into the archive for me today and an oil painting created back in 2000.

Looking at this now I can spot a good few problems with the work especially the static look of Batman who is supposed to be in the midst of some incredibly energetic and action packed movement but overall I think it still holds reasonably well as an image and some of the brush work is pretty pleasing. Also it was painted onto an oil board and the grain coming through it was not a fun surface for this painting, if you click on the picture to see it larger you'll see the surface demanding its place in the limelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment