With this issue you'll find 'Vworpobix', a board game which lovingly updates the Doctor Who game featured on the back of the cardboard packaging boxes of Weetabix during the 1970s. Featuring the art of Jon Pinto, Leighton Noyes, Paul Grist, James Offredi, Simon Gurr, Adrian Salmon and myself. I was asked to update the 'Race Through Space' section of the game with elements from the 'new' series of Doctor Who so I managed to cram in loads of moments from the last six years not least of all Supermarine Spitfires attacking Daleks in space!
- The first half of our exhaustive Abslom Daak tribute, including interviews with writer Steve Moore, and artists Steve Dillon and David Lloyd. Also a Daak comic strip, written for DWM by Steve Moore in 1980 but withdrawn after a disagreement with the editor, now finally brought to the page byDWM artists Martin Geraghty, Adrian Salmon and Roger Langridge.
- We’re kicking off our series of DWM editor interviews with a fascinating chat between Dez Skinn and Tom Spilsbury. We also chat to Paul Neary, Alan McKenzie, Cefn Ridout and the elusive Sheila Cranna.
- Ex-Doctors Tom Baker and Colin Baker talk about their comic strip selves.
- Dave Gibbons, Steve Parkhouse and Mick McMahon discuss The Tides of Time and Junkyard Demon, and we take in The Lodger with Gareth Roberts and Mike Collins.
- We’ve got, The Housekeeper, a comic strip written by Paul Magrs and drawn by Bret M Herholz starring Mrs Wibbesey and the Fourth Doctor.
- And we’ve got an fantastic free gift in the form of a ‘Vworpabix’ board game. Based on the 1970s Weetabix game, ours has 16 character cards by Adrian Salmon and boards by Paul Grist, Jon Pinto, Leighton Noyes and Graeme Neil Reid.
- Two covers: a wraparound Abslom Daak cover by Mike Collins, and an early Doctor Who Monthly pastiche featuring Junkyard Demon (with Jason Fletcher and Ben Willsher’s take on Daak on the back cover).
- … and much more!
Head over to www.vworpvworp.co.uk to order your copy and also pick up the first excellent issue too!